Get The Workers’ Compensation Benefits You Deserve
By law, your employer must offer workers’ compensation insurance. Unfortunately, it is common for employers and insurers to avoid responsibility for work-related accidents. They often try to deny claims, delay payments and minimize the benefits paid out to injured employees.
I am a personal injury attorney with extensive experience handling workers’ compensation cases. If you are having an issue with your workers’ compensation claim and want a lawyer’s assistance, contact my office in Valdosta, Georgia. I would be happy to discuss your case with you and help you fight for the benefits you deserve.
Steps To Take After A Work Injury
When you sustain a work injury, you’ll need to report it as soon as possible. Generally speaking, your employer should cover all medical expenses related to your injury.
However, there are many cases where employers may not want to pay you the full benefits that you’re due, resulting in conflict. Consider contacting a workers’ compensation attorney if:
- Your employer denies your claim
- You aren’t being paid benefits promptly
- The settlement offer from your employer is too low to cover your medical expenses
- Your injuries prevent you from returning to work or limit the work you can do
- Your employer has retaliated against you in some way in response to you filing a claim
- You were injured in a body part which had a preexisting injury or condition
- Your injury occurred on the job, but was caused by a third party’s negligent actions
In less clear-cut cases, it is often beneficial to work with a lawyer to get assistance with your claim.
How I Help Injured Workers
A devastating work injury can affect your life and hinder your ability to provide for your family. I will fight aggressively on your behalf to make sure that you get the benefits you deserve. You can count on me to:
- Investigate your employer to see if you have workers’ compensation coverage
- File legal documents with the workers’ compensation board and negotiate with your insurance provider
- Represent you in disability hearings if necessary
- Aggressively pursue the benefits you deserve
When you make a claim and get denied, hit a roadblock or end up in a dispute with your employer or insurer, you need an experienced workers’ comp lawyer on your side.
Tommy L. Thigpen, LLC, Will Be Your Guide For Workers’ Compensation
Get the guidance you need to for your workers’ compensation claim. If you’re in Valdosta, Georgia, then consider calling 229-474-6582 or sending me an email.