A lawyer who works
hand-in-hand with clients.
Tommy L. Thigpen
Mr. Thigpen was born and raised just across the south Georgia line in Madison, Florida. In December 2003, he earned his Associate of Arts Degree in Paralegal Studies, magna cum laude, from Keiser College in Tallahassee, Florida. At Keiser College, Mr. Thigpen was a member of the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society and received numerous Dean's List certificates. In December 2007, he earned his Bachelor of Liberal Studies-Legal Studies Specialization, cum laude, from Barry University in Tallahassee, Florida. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Thigpen worked eight years as a paralegal, two of which were at Smith, Hannan & Parker, P.C.
In 2012, Mr. Thigpen received his Juris Doctorate degree from Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville, Florida. There he was an active member of the Family Law Society, was awarded the New Dean Merit Scholarship, received the CALI Exercises for the Future Award, earned a Best Memorandum of Law award, and was presented with a Book Award for having the highest grade in Lawyering Process II. In addition, Mr. Thigpen was selected from among hundreds of candidates to serve as a certified legal intern in the school's Family Law Clinic. As a certified legal intern, Mr. Thigpen represented indigent clients in dissolution of marriage cases.
Mr. Thigpen was admitted to practice law in 2012, and is licensed to practice law in the court of appeals, superior courts, state courts, municipal courts, and magistrate courts throughout the state of Georgia. Prior to starting his own law practice in October 2016, Mr. Thigpen spent his first four years of practice as an Associate at Smith, Hannan & Parker, P.C. in Valdosta, Georgia. Mr. Thigpen primarily handles personal injury, workers' compensation, and family law cases. He is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, and is a member of the Bar's Tort and Insurance section, Workers' Compensation section, and Family Law section.
He is married to Alison Thigpen, and they are the proud parents of three children; Noah, Anslee, and Alana. During Mr. Thigpen's spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family and watching his son play baseball. The family attends church at Calvary Baptist Church in Lake Park, Georgia.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida
- Juris Doctorate - 2012
- Honors: Family Law Society, Member
- Honors: New Dean Merit Scholarship
- Honors: CALI Exercises for the Future Award
- Honors: Best Memorandum of Law award
- Honors: Book Award, Lawyering Process II
- Honors: Family Law Clinic, Certified Legal Intern
- Barry University, Tallahassee, Florida
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies - 12/2007
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Legal Studies Specialization
- Keiser College, Tallahassee, Florida
- Associate of Arts Degree - 12/2003
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Paralegal Studies
- Smith, Hannan & Parker, P.C, Associate, 2012 to 2016
- State Bar of Georgia, Tort and Insurance section, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Workers’ Compensation section, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law section, Member
Current Employment Position
- Sole Practitioner
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Georgia, 2012
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit